did manage to get everything done that i set out to do
- i did actually get 2 trees blanket stitched on the runner
- "mango margaritas in the snow"has the binding sewn on and ready for our road trip...
- got the binding on Ruth's quilt and actually managed to get the binding hand sewn on the back...it is all ready for me to take to her this week and have coffee...looking forward to having coffee i miss her at work
- here is where it gets interesting...i planned to sandwich my "twice in a blue lizard" quilt...my friend runs a longarm business...she has 2 yes that is 2 gammill's...she is away this week with her husband who is had cardiac surgery...she gave me a quick lesson on how to run the machine...and then left me with the key...whoot whoot! i have spent lots of hours in her "shed" as she calls it...(used to be garden shed) so i knew how to load a quilt...so i have spent my week there quilting it...loving it but it is hard work...so not only is my quilt sandwiched the quilting is underway
stitching around the circles in the sashing...lots of work but worth the work...those circles just pop of the quilt...the ones with batting in the back really pop
some of the detail in the blocks...i wanted it to have lots of movement and look organic...somewhat like grass where to little lizards live...
for this coming week i want to do the following things
- finish quilting "twice in a blue lizard"
- put another tree on the "bear country" runner
- cut out the northern lights pieces for the "bear country" runner
- have a beer on friday night...it will be well earned because this will be a big week if i get it done...