Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

i finally finished dana's christmas gift


the nurses i work with draw names at work for christmas gifts every year...last year i told Dana i would take one of the doilies her grandmother crocheted and quilt it for her gift from me...well i burned out at work in august and spend most if not all of the fall sitting on the couch...so i did not get her gift finished...or started for that matter...instead i gave her one of the project i had finished when doing sewcalgal's FMQ challenge...well i finally got her gift finished...i like the way it turned out...and of course i used my favorite thread aurifil 50wt

 the finished quilted doily...it breathes new life into the old and discarded

11 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

That came out awesome! Beautiful!

Quilting Babcia said...

What a gorgeous way to recycle that doily! Your friend should be delighted.

StasaLynn said...

I have never seen this done before.... it is stunningly beautiful! Thanks for sharing and great work!

SewCalGal said...

Wow, wow, wow. Your quilted doilie is beautiful. You've definitely inspired me to use some of my grandmother's doilie's for a similar project. I love it.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Peg said...

Oh, what a fabulous idea! I have a few from my grandmother that I'd like to preserve! How did you finish the edge?

tubakk said...

What a fantastic idea! This came out so beautifully.

Linda said...

Oh my word, Sherry, I would never have thought of this. And what a gorgeous, gorgeous job you did! I've got several antique doilies and I had no idea this could be done. Thanks so much for sharing. So, so beautiful.

What Comes Next? said...

just gorgeous Sherry - like Peg I'm wondering how you did the edge so beautifully...

Caroline Heinrichs said...

So really lovely and now it can be used in all sorts of ways!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful:)

Duane Kimber Family said...

How did you finish the back? I love this!!!