Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Circling circling circling

we just returned yesterday from an overnight boating journey which turned into 6 days ... although not well prepared to spend an extra 4 days away i did take enough sewing to last until the final day which we spend fishing
i have been spending my evenings and car/boat time hand appliqueing circles onto low volume 6 1/2 squares ... these are some of my finished squares for our trip ... i am finding hand stitching to be very relaxing not to say how portable it is
 we spend most of our time tied up at Gorge Harbour Marina on Cortes Island ... the marina was a lovely spot with a pool, hot tub, laundry, store and beautiful gardens ... we walked, sewed, read books and dreamt ... our last day there we felt very adventurous and hitchhiked into the nearest town for lunch ... not to worry it is a way of life on the island and we were told it was safe ... we met some wonderful people all of whom had their own stories to tell 
i love to hear people's life stories and everyone has one to tell ... what story would you tell me if we were in a car together?

3 comments:

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Hi Sherry, I love your circle in a circle design. I did the Quilty 365 last year with a circle a day. I did get it into a large wall hanging though I finished only 180 circles. This year I miss making the scrappy circles. But do have loads more projects so...
Yes, we all have our story don't we? Esp. by my age.

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Beautiful circles. I love hand stitching, it is so relaxing. Sounds like you had a marvellous time.

Angela said...

Love the circles! I completely agree that hand stitching is relaxing.