Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

That elephant did move…in fact he moved about 1100 kilometres

although you can't really see it in this photo i have added another plain border of 1 1/2 inches
last quilt photo taken on the farm.

i have been MIA but i truly do have a good reason…we packed and moved from one community to another which was 1100 kilometres away…the process of packing and downsizing was a large undertaking…we left a property that has been in our family for many years…it held a large collection of "stuff" that belonged to my father and grandfather…my advice here is never ever let anyone leave anything at your house for longer then several months without contacting them to retrieve it…we have gone from a 4 bedroom house with large living room and upstairs sitting room to a much smaller home…i am going to have to part with some of those lovely chairs i have gathered up over the years…my sewing room is finally unpacked and somewhat set up…i can start working on that elephant quilt again…well that is between trips to watch the sunrise on the beach…and walks on forest trails…and warm summer evenings on the patio…not to mention the little grandchildren..
 watching out the window while grandma takes quilt photos…boy oh boy this boy is curious

now i am back i hope to post more regularly...


4 comments:

Darlene Wiebe said...

Hey there girlfriend. I am so missing you but I'm so happy to see you posting again. I love your elephant. Can't wait until Sept. when we'll be sewing together for a few days.

What Comes Next? said...

That sounds like a lot of work! Glad to see you are getting settled in. I hope you are enjoying your new place.

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Excellent! I know what you are talking about with letting go of more things from family than we should have. Two large garage sales did the trick!

Mary said...

Thanks for the tip! I have stuff in my garage that has been there for 4 years. Belongs to a friend of my husband. I say it is now "abandoned"; as this fellow has a new place to live, and has forgotten he "stored" his stuff. If I could tolerate a yard sale it all would be put out. Downsizing has it's benefits...no one asks to store in your spare room/garage/attic; when you have no spare rooms. Hoping you are settling in and making some new friends in your new location. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects... Mary - www.stitchinggrandma.wordpress.com