Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

attention to detail


i do love to do applique and most often design my own patterns… pen, paper and scissors are usually my go to tools...lately i have been working through kim deihl's what nots collection #2...this requires lots of attention to detail...small squares and when i say small i mean you start with 1 inch and end with 1/2 center squares...all those little points on the stars…


some of my mini quilts i have ironed the seams open as they did not require integral strength as they are just "wall pretties" but this quilt i wanted to stitch in the ditch around all those points so i sewed it and ironed as per the pattern...this required me to cut more precisely and sew more precisely...more attention to detail...i am hoping with this attention my work over all will get stronger, more detailed and tidier…

enjoyed this process but it has taken some time to settle down and work through the process...

No comments: