Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

circles circles and more circles

somehow and i don't know where or when i fell in love with circles…maybe it is "there is no beginning and there is no end" somewhat like the song lyrics…


I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
The love that’s all around me
And so the feeling grows
It’s written on the wind
It’s everywhere I go
So if you really love me
Come on and let it show
You know I love you, I always will
My mind’s made up by the way that I feel
There’s no beginning, there’ll be no end

when i made my "twice in a blue lizard" quilt is used circles in the sashing between the blocks…i really loved the look…but oh my i have forgotten how long it took me to make all those circles…so once again i decided to use those scrappy circles but this time in the second border for my "elephant quilt"…i figure i will need about 100 circles…using Karen Kay Buckley perfect circles templates has lessened the work...
although i do enjoy the quiet hand work done while drinking my coffee in a silent house in early morning hours

3 comments:

Caroline Heinrichs said...

OK, Sherry, this looks so fun to make and this 365 Cirlces is a fun group that is just participating with the blogger: http://www.dawnchorusstudio.com/365-circles/#.VsUdDPKQHIU

Peggy said...

Love the circles! Why is it that we get involved in these techniques...I am into houses right now...any kind! ;). Keep on stitching and I agree, the early morning quiet is the best time!

Maker Joy said...

I can see why you fell in love, it's shaping up to be a beautiful quilt.