Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

this rosette is growing

each hexagon takes me at least one day for completion…i try to have one ready to sew and spend my coffee and meal breaks at work hand stitching…i do find this work calming and enjoyable…for several weeks coming into christmas and several weeks during my holidays my attention was focused on family…but for a few days now i have moments to sit and sew…mostly due to traveling home…so this rosette is growing
two hexagons are not sewn in yet and i still have 5 to make before this hexagon is finished and can be added to the finished ones…at present this rosette measures 35 x 25 inches and should finish up at 35 x 30 inches…finished it will have 26 hexagons…the finished quilt will have a total of 246 hexagons

4 comments:

Maker Joy said...

Wow, that will be huge when finished! Growing along very nicely indeed.

Laurel's Stitches said...

It is beautiful, Sherry!

Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

~Carla~ said...

Love this!! I'm just getting into EPP and am excited to begin my first *small* project! Have fun with it!! :)

Angela said...

Looking really good!