Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

elephant festivals

many many moons ago i said my thoughts had turned to elephants…well that was true my thought were there but not in any gathered organized way…some time ideas have to roll around in your brain for a long time…which is where this idea had been rolling around and around...

 the initial design plan worked out on scrap paper between patients
 elephant made of poster board 
yes she/he is going to be about 24 x 36 as a centre medallion…finally i have something on paper…yahooooooo!…now onto getting it cut out and appliquĂ©d to background fabric

5 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

Fabulous! Can't wait to see how it develops Sherry. So times that development does take a while, but no be said art had o be fast!

Mary said...

What a stunning plan! I don't know why, but I just thought wouldn't your elephant be grand if he/she were made of "scrap fabric" crazy quilt style? I did a project once a few years ago where I sat at my machine and emptied my scrap basket, making "fabric" from those bits and pieces. Periodically I would square things up and sit back down and add more bits. The fun of it was seeing all those bits that might have ended up in the trash turn into something useful. I finished with a 30x60" piece from which I cut out "artful oven mitts". The inspiration came from Maria Shell/Tales of a Stitcher. I wrote about it here:https://stitchinggrandma.wordpress.com/2013/12/06/1-year-500-likes-artful-mitts-and-mystery-quilt/

Empress Charlotte Handmades said...

Wow! What fun! Can't wait to see what the finished quilt looks like.

Renee said...

Looks like such a fun project to work on!

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Fabulous elephant! I look forward to the next instalment!