Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

blogger's quilt festival



so it is time for the quilt festival once again…it is so much fun to see all the quilts people have slaved over for the last year or more… i am entering my quilt "twice in a blue lizard"…i enjoyed making this quilt…the whimsy and colour is so me…i love colour and lots of it...
 "twice in a blue lizard " is an original design of mine…as you can see it has 2 blue lizards
 some of the detail of the quilting in my quilt…i wanted lots of movement in the quilting…i choose to have curves in the borders…and i quilted wavy parallel lines surrounding the lizards to look like grass or water…to mimic nature.
all the circles in the sashing were made using Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles…the lizards were drawn free hand and applied using a fusible product...both the circles and the lizards were appliquéd on their backgrounds using monopoly thread and a hem stitch
one of the 2 blue lizards on the quilt.
here this little purple lizard is partly camouflaged by the shadows of the spruce tree branches

19 comments:

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a great original quilt. My son would love it because he loves lizards.

Anita said...

I love your quilt! That's a lot of careful cutting with the sissors! You did a wonderful job!

Rachaeldaisy said...

This is such a super fun quilt!!! The lizards really look as though they're scampering around your quilt. It's really wonderful!!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

whimsical, different, and oh-so-fun!:)

Frederique from Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt!!
I love every thing about it!
Great choice for the Festival!

Betsy said...

BeUtiful. I hope you win!

Catherine said...

This is absolutely amazing - your lizards are wonderful and I love the riot of colour.

Quilting Babcia said...

Love the lizards! Our grandsons would love this quilt!

A Nudge said...

Very original. I like it!

Kimberly Hoyt said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun quilt! Love the color, the sense of movement, the fun design!

CitricSugar said...

That is too fun! Great job on those very delicate legs and tails!

Debbie said...

Love the colors. Love the critters too.....fun and original. always a hit with me.

Sally Hurley said...

What a fun quilt! Insane detail. I love it!

Writingmom said...

I love, love, love the fabric you have used for the lizards. Your quilting is really great, too. I think it really enhances the quilt.

Shelor Robin said...

I absolutely love this quilt--it is such fun. Unbelievable colors, no, everything about it.

marina said...

what a gorgeous quilt,
love all the colour

WeedyMama said...

Love it! Those lizards are in the groove!

Wendy said...

what an incredible quilt. So much careful cutting and stitching, but oh so worth it!

ANNE said...

omigosh what stunning work!!!!! I have such respect for quilters, I do not have the patience for it. You are amazing!