Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

week 3 of the 30/30 challenge

did manage to get everything done that i set out to do

  1. i did actually get 2 trees blanket stitched on the runner
  2. "mango margaritas in the snow"has the binding sewn on and ready for our road trip...
  3. got the binding on Ruth's quilt and actually managed to get the binding hand sewn on the back...it is all ready for me to take to her this week and have coffee...looking forward to having coffee i miss her at work
  4. here is where it gets interesting...i planned to sandwich my "twice in a blue lizard" quilt...my friend runs a longarm business...she has 2 yes that is 2 gammill's...she is away this week with her husband who is had cardiac surgery...she gave me a quick lesson on how to run the machine...and then left me with the key...whoot whoot! i have spent lots of hours in her "shed" as she calls it...(used to be garden shed) so i knew how to load a quilt...so i have spent my week there quilting it...loving it but it is hard work...so not only is my quilt sandwiched the quilting is underway
stitching around the circles in the sashing...lots of work but worth the work...those circles just pop of the quilt...the ones with batting in the back really pop
some of the detail in the blocks...i wanted it to have lots of movement and look organic...somewhat like grass where to little lizards live...


for this coming week i want to do the following things
  1. finish quilting "twice in a blue lizard"
  2. put another tree on the "bear country" runner
  3. cut out the northern lights pieces for the "bear country" runner
  4. have a beer on friday night...it will be well earned because this will be a big week if i get it done...

18 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

OMgosh! All your work is like art.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

What a great kwilt and on my the kwilting is gonna be stunning. I will have that beer with ya...come Friday!

Lorna McMahon said...

What fun! You quilt like a pro, my dear! Have a great time finishing up the Twice in a Blue Lizard, Sherry. Looking good!

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Productive week, Sherry! I really like the way you're quilting around the lizards - and lucky you getting all that time to work on it with your friend away - hope her husband is doing well : )

What Comes Next? said...

great week Sherry! What fun to have access to a long arm - you Once in a Blue Lizard is looking fabulous - so much fun - both the top and the quilting. That will be a well deserved beer this week - enjoy!

Jessica said...

Wow, you really got a lot done. Love all of the colors in your quilt. Good luck with your finishes for next week.

Mara said...

Have fun on the long arm and that lizard quilt just looks amazing!

Quilt Musings said...

Beautifully done! Can't wait to see this finished - it is looking awesome!!

Valerie Reynolds said...

What fun you are having!!! Cheers to some awesome quilting!

Valerie Reynolds said...

What fun you are having!!! Cheers to some awesome quilting!

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Gorgeous quilt and what a great studio you have!!

Lorette Cole said...

What a wonderful quilt and beautiful quilting! You're a lucky girl to have a friend's machine to use! I'm anxious to see this quilt when finished... Hope her husband is doing well!

isabellaswhimsy said...

Whew! 'bout wore me out just reading all your stuff! What a nice friend to lend you her machine and shed to do all that work. I enjoyed reading.

Fort Worth Fabric Studio said...

This is such a great quilt! Your quilting is looking great! :) Can't wait to see it all done!

Snowcatcher said...

I guess I stopped in just in time. My goodness, I can't get over how stunning your lizards are. Can't wait to see it done!

Jo Ferguson said...

I LOVE this quilt. It's colourful, fun and whimsical. I think your quilting will add just the right touch.

Regina said...

You are on a roll, and how nice your friend lets you quilt on her machine - and you seem to do great! - hope her husband is doing well.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

oh my word. FUN! BEAUTIFUL. wow. Thanks for linking ; )