Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

30/30 challenge

this is week was more difficult for me as we are getting our house ready for sale...so that cuts into my sewing time...
my challenge this week was...

  • to finish up quilting "twice in a blue lizard"...check it is finished..





some of the detail of the borders





 one of the larger blocks...i quilted wavy parallel lines through the lizards to give it an organic look of water or grass
 another block in the sashing you can see i just stippled around the circles after i had stitched around each circle...they really pop of the quilt that way






the little lizard i fussy cut...it give his body some dimension
it is hard to get a good photo but here it is with the quilting finished

now if i could just find that fabric i bought for the piping i could get on with finishing up this quilt...
  • next on my list for the week was to put another tree on my runner "bear country" that happened also...great
  • after that i planned to get the northern lights for that runner cut out which i did get done...check
  • last but not least was a beer on friday...check...we went out for supper with friends...had a great visit at the pub
so the week was a success even if i did not get 30 minutes every day...only missed 2 days so that was pretty good...see ya on monday



11 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

This quilt is just exciting!

Carla said...

Wow! Fabulous quilting you've done

Mary R. said...

Great job getting so much done! The lizard quilt is wonderful and your quilting really accentuates the design.

Mary Ann said...

Fabulous quilt...I love it:)

Mara said...

Love, Love this quilt, it is so amazing, is it going to be for a bed or for a wall.

Quilting Babcia said...

Wow, your artistry never ceases to amaze me! This quilt is fantastic! Good luck with your move - we just put our place on the market this past week too.

CeLynn said...

Simply Amazing! I so love your lizard quilt! You accomplished a ton this past week.

What Comes Next? said...

way to go Sherry! You deserved that beer. The lizard quilt looks fabulous!

Judy MacLeod said...

Now you've done it! My 4 year old grandson peeked over my shoulder today while I was reading and thinks I should make him a quilt like this! "What about the one I just made you?" "Lach (older brother) can have it." LOL! Just like that, the quilt I just made him, with much love gets passed off...

Jo Ferguson said...

This quilt hits every base, for me. I love the way you fussy cut the fabric for the lizards. The colour and the quilting are outstanding. You certainly have an eye for colour and design. I'm loving your work.

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Sherry, this quilt is so fun! Love the quilting - you did a great job highlighting the lizards. Also, hurray for checking off your Fri task ; )