Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

mango margaritas in the snow

new work in progress

new work in progress for me...i used a bali pop...mango margarita...love the name...not sure if i would like one as i am in love with lime margaritas...ice, lime juice, salt  and tequila...nothing more clean and tart...when i came of age my father taught me to suck on a lime like salt off the back of my hand and them take a swig of tequila...probably where i learned to like margaritas...anyway back on topic...i bought the bali pop on sale but was only able to find one so the quilt is not bed sized...i used a pattern called popsicle sticks...
 such bright colours for the foggy grey sky winter we have had thus far...bring back the sun
the backing is ready for me to sandwich...then off to my George i will go far so quilting and mediation...i used some of my fat quarters i have had for quite some time...actually wondering who bought those ugly brown fat quarters...trying to use up the fabric i have stashed...had the bali pop...had the pattern from a quilt mu daughter made...used fat quarters for borders, had those....fat quarters for backing....left over strips of the bali pop for binding...one month into not buying and doing well...whoot whoot!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely and cheery. I have a few Bali Pops kicking around, maybe I will give this a go.

elle said...

ooh! Goes nice with your wall pictures.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I was thinking the same as Elle...very nice!

Hannlib said...

Super pretty and colourful! What a cheerful quilt

~Carla~ said...

Bright & fun!! Love it! :)

Margaret said...

Mango--sounds so exotic. It's a pretty quilt top and will make someone very happy.

Margaret said...

Mango--sounds exotic! Such a pretty quilt will make someone very happy.

Margaret said...

Mango--sounds exotic! Such a pretty quilt will make someone very happy.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Great job!

L E Antwis said...

Great name for a quilt! Linda NZ