Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

swoon coming to life


believe! in yourself
believe! in santa
so many things to believe in

finally got started on quilting my swoon...of course it was pieced using aurifil thread...and i am quilting it with aurifil mako cotton 50wt... my absolute favorite thread...love it for piecing...seams are strong, tight and lie flat...love it for quilting as it does not build up on the fabric but sits low on it...i went through my extensive collection of aurifil thread and came out with about a dozen colours
i went through my extensive collection of aurifil thread and came out with about a dozen colours and then i set about quilting...oh i am loving my new APQS George...it makes moving that quilt about so much easier...
 stitched in the ditch around the swoons and the set about quilting designs in each piece...loving my aurifil threads...strong and lint free...makes cleaning the machine easier
 lots of work to quilt a large quilt but what is get is so worth it

hooking up to freshly pieced

2 comments:

Carla said...

You are doing a fabulous job on it. Keep going : )
Aurifil is THE best thread

Caroline Heinrichs said...

OK, this swoon is going smashingly and I must try the Aurfil, where can we buy it here in the north. Vanderhoof or where?