Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

getting ready for christmas

several months ago i started a christmas table cloth...i used a layer cake as i wanted it to be simple...no fancy piecing just simple design...big square blocks...i simply sewed to together a layer cake...i used Aspen Frost by Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics layer cake...totally out of character for me i used more pastel fabrics...yep that is unusual...sewed it together several months ago and finally yesterday and today i sat down and quilted it
 quilting in progress
 i kept the quilting simple...not the best i have done but i still getting use to quilting on my APQS George
hanging outside...just the binding to finish it off and on the table it goes...i managed to get some photos between the freezing rain drops this morning...cold and damp...but that is early winter here...soon there will be more snow then the little bit we have at the moment


13 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I never thought of quilting a table cloth...very good idea. I think I need to do one for my wooden table to protect it:)

Linda said...

Awesome! Love it.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love your quilt photo at least as much as your quilt! Beautiful. The snowy setting is gorgeous.

a maidenhair fern said...

Very nice quilt. I love the colors, and how they're balanced out. And I like the fmqing! Congrats on a beautiful finish.

LisaAnn said...

The fabrics are very nice and I love the quilting you chose to do! It is going to be so nice to use!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

lovely table cloth

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Lovely table quilt! i see you have as much snow as we do! Heh I'm doing a class in Fraser Lake in early 2014.

felicity said...

I think the quilting is absolutely perfect! Layer cakes are a nice big size for getting this made quickly - I really enjoy working with them.

Regina said...

The colours do have a Christmas-y feel to them, and it is simple enough not to add to visual clutter, very nicely done!

Linda H said...

Just dropping by (on the Canadian Blog Hop) to say Hello from the east coast! Lovely tablecloth, and I love your bright and colorful baby quilt too!

Sheila said...

Lovely quilt for your table , very pretty fabrics !

Debra Kay Neiman said...

I love your horses. Do you share personal use of this pattern? Glad to meet our Canadian quilters. Thanks. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Great table cloth! I love Christmas!