Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

amy's creative side blogger's quilter festival time again


once again it is time for the blogger's quilt festival...great to see all the quilts...for those of us who live in remote areas it is so valuable to be able to see and attend a quilt show...on line...i am entering my "Farm Horses" quilt...a work that rattled around in my head for several years before it poured out on to paper where it then transformed into a quilt...

the original sketch for my quilt
the finished quilt...i love the colour and those thin little legsi



 some of the detail from the quilt...

 hanging in the wind and enjoying the sunshine...

i am entering this quilt in both the appliqué and the machine quilted on home
 machine categories


hooking up the the blogger's quilt festival....at 





13 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Impressive!! Beautiful appliqués.

Anonymous said...

You'll get my vote! I like the design. I like the colors. I like the humor of the bodies. I like that it's not "cute." I'm impressed. And then there's the wonderful machine quilting. Outstanding.

Karen said...

Sherry this is stunning! I love your creativity, colors, quilting... Just beautiful. Fantastic work.,

LynCC said...

Oh, gosh!! See - I *love* this quilt! :D So glad you brought it out to show again for the Festival!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a wonderful and clever quilt! I love how you've used colour and the fun way you've designed the horses to give them a playful look. The quilting adds a whole other layer of interest too.

audrey said...

This is such a fun quilt! Your horses are so very creative. Love this.:)

What Comes Next? said...

still love this quilt!

Little Island Quilting said...

I would never have had a design thought like this. I'm glad you did as it's so unique and fun. Lovely to see it.

Pat Merkle said...

I do LOVE this quilt!

Joan Kawano said...

Ohh those bright colors just bring this to life! GREAT Job!

Brenna said...

I love these horses! It's a beautiful quilt.

Lin said...

I love it Sherry and so good to see original work. Good luck with it.

Theglasdiva said...

This is such a unique quilt! It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Anna