Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

what do you call a group of lizards?..herd...?

so what do you call when there is more then 3 lizards together...i have no idea but this is what they look like hanging out together..
slowly but surely the quilt is coming together...i am liking it quite a bit...but when i look at it i now think i am going to have to add grey borders with circles around the out side...what do you think

 lizards hanging out on the horse corral rails...just where you would expect to find a herd of lizards...

when i was working on this quilt at the retreat this weekend someone told me the lizard in the bottom right hand corner looked like he had stuck is foot in a electrical socket...kind of does...





some of the sashings hanging over a small aluminium ladder...this ladder was one of out favourite toys as children growing up.
..i found it in the shed cleaned it up and moved it inside to my studio...when i look at it i remember all the fun times my siblings and i had using it to climb up trees, get on the roof (where we were not allowed), used it to get in the numerous tree forts we build over the years...many fond memories





the circles getting ready to be starched..going to take about twice as many as i have to go all 
around the perimeter of my quilt

12 comments:

Sally said...

Love this! circles round the outside willbe perfect. xx

Monica said...

Those lizards are fantastic! And the circles are the perfect complement. I agree - go for the borders!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I adore those lizards!! And I think the ladder with the circles hanging like that is a piece of art also!!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

So cute - I love it! I definitely agree about the borders with circles. Sounds like you have your name for this quilt already - A Herd of Lizards. Great design!

Geo Mama said...

Not sure what I love the most... the lizards (there should be more quilted lizards) or the circles in the sashing. It is fantastic.

Dolores said...

What a fun quilt. It brought a smile to my face. How big will it be when it's finished?

Caroline Heinrichs said...

This is looking so great! I have no idea if its a herd as in the wild, lizards don't spend much time together, they are kind of loners.

Michelle said...

Apparently a group of lizards is called a lounge- thus I assume the term lounge lizard. I agree that there should definitely be more quilted lizards. The "electrocuted" one is my favourite. What ideas do you have for quilting?

Sweet Pea said...

What an adorable design! I love it! Dropping by from WIP Wednesday.

Regina said...

Incredible, and the effort you put into these circles is totally worth it!

Katherine said...

Leaping lizards! Your quilt is wonderful. Yes, I agree - your border idea will compliment your design perfectly. Your fabric choices work so beautifully with this fun design. Love it!

Snowcatcher said...

I don't know how your gorgeous quilt escaped me this long, but another quilter pointed me in your direction today. This is AWESOME! I have to poke around now and see if you finished it...