Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

sewing at a snail's pace

ok this is how my quilting feels right now....a snail's pace
i have started working on my "swoon blocks" got the first one done...i must remember i am not any accurate piecer and this drives me crazy...i much prefer paper piecing and applique


 i like the colours but wish i had used them in the exact opposite places...oh well it is the way it is...


my august "lucky star" block
i wish things were moving faster with my quilting but i will be happy with what i have...coveting is what gets us into trouble...so be happy with what i have


linking up to
needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com.png

and linking to

8253389546_fdb631e427_o.jpg







11 comments:

Susan Being Snippy said...

You are so right about coveting things we don't have... tho dreaming about improvements is a good thing! What a conundrum, eh? My sewing too, is at a snails pace, so you are not the only one!

elle said...

"if only" is a winding road. :( But your lucky star is fabulous!

Margaret said...

You started a swoon--super! I have been thinking about it myself, but like you, sewing is at an almost dead stop! Once the cold weather comes we'll all have more motivation to stay indoors.

Peg said...

It's that coveting that gets us making more and more quilts! And I covet that swoon block - looks great!

applepiepatchwork said...

All these Swoons still popping up everywhere is making it hard for me to resist starting one myself. And I have other things to do first, so I can't! I agree about the coveting making you unhappy. I like to focus on all the good stuff that I already have.

beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

Lin said...

Love the colours in your lucky star and that snail is pretty special too!

Jo said...

I love the swoon pattern. I think your fabrics look good the way you have used them! The fabrics on you lucky star block are great!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Fantastic blocks!! I am doing the Swoon myself...but I do love that star

Linda said...

Your Lucky Star is wonderful!

What Comes Next? said...

your Swoon is looking good - I sure don't see any problems with your piecing! Love the star block

Regina said...

Your blocks are lovely and look very well pieced. With more practice you will enjoy piecing more.