Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

enjoying the time in my studio

i have been enjoying my precious hours i get in my sewing studio these past several weeks...kitchen renos are almost done and now i have some free time outside of work i find i am gravitating back to my sunny upstairs room...part of my lack of time has been due cleaning out closets and dresser drawers...i found this little Christmas cross stitch i did years ago...throwing it out just seemed wrong wrong wrong...
so i decided that i would make it into a pillow case for my granddaughter for Christmas
 i added some borders and started in with some FMQ quilted free hand feathers with wonder thread "Aurifil"
here she is helping quilt her pillowcase...hands safely back from the needle...you can never be too young to start learning to quilt...

very carefully removing those pins...her favourite job pulling pins and putting them in the magnetic pin holder..
this is going to be a bright cheery pillowcase to lay her head on christmas eve....

6 comments:

corina said...

What a great idea! How fortunate you have such wonderful help :)

Lorna McMahon said...

Christmas in July! Love seeing that sweet face... She is sew happy helping Gramma! Your free motion quilting is beautiful!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Ok...I'm jealous!! You can quilt with no problem holding a child...lol. I have a problem on my own. heavens!!!

Tanyia said...

Oh, her little tiny hands on the quilt...that has to be about the most precious thing I have seen in awhile!

Black may not be a traditional background for flowers, but it looks great and wow, your colors really pop here! Awesome!

I am stopping by from the WIP hop, hop on by if you can http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/07/wip-wednesday-july-3rd-edition.html

acebeR said...

Very nice!

Follow your blog, follow me? http://elblogdeaceber.blogspot.com.es/

Nicole G said...

So sweet and precious to quilt with your granddaughter. Also a great way to use your cross stitch.