Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

my work in progress

 so the kitchen in the house we live in was built for my petite mother...counter tops are too low...back ache here we come...we needed new flooring...so we decided to do a little upgrade...new floors...
 grouting the tiles...i got to smooth and wash the grout
 ripping off the old tiles behind the stove top
the new look...i am loving the new white cupboards...i always thought i would not like white...but it adds so much light to my light deprived kitchen

 not totally finished but looking better and now functional...that is so important...altho you can live with a microwave...

"hey come on people why am i working and you are just standing around practicing your photography skills"

i am starting to get a little time in for quilting...mostly working on my "lucky stars BOM"
i really struggled with this block having to do some sections over...my head was just not in the game...strange for me...probably thought i should be painting something 

linking back to 


12 comments:

pegsplace said...

Love the kitchen! We did ours in white too and I love it! Love the little one! So cute...vacuuming is hard work! The stars are great but I would be like you and taking out what I think doesn't work and reworking until I am satisfied! :)

Celtic Thistle said...

Great to have such a handy helper around :)

Serena Edwards said...

We've been having some work done on our place too - oh the dust! Well done on managing that beautiful star amongst all the reno's ... your kitchen is looking great :)

Sara said...

What a sweet little girl!! Love all your progress on your house--best of luck to ya'll:)

June's block was tricky. All of your points match nicely:) I am envious as my whole center doesn't match up at all! Just too lazy and tired of picking it out and resewing:)

Susan Being Snippy said...

That is definately a difficult star block and even for an experienced quilter it would be a challenge. There is always something special about making spaces in a house your own special colour, shape, design...

hydeeannsews said...

when i saw the photo of your dark-haired, diaper-only darling, i thought, "how did my baby get on her blog?" mine is always running around like that!

elle said...

What a cute helper. I like white and when we redo it'll be white again. Nice!

Linda said...

Love the white. Very nice. Love the star block too.

Happy Turtle said...

The kitchen looks great! Carol

Sheila said...

Your kitchen looks great in white , fresh and bright , the star block is neat , looks a little complicated .

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice kitchen!! and love your block

Mara said...

I totally get the lower kitchen gives a back ache thing, I have the same issue, loving your new white cabinets and the tile floor. The cutie doing the vacuum cleaning is adorable.