Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

works in progress

true to my nature i just start a quilt and figure out the logistics as i go along...so starting a new lizard quilt but rather then start with the blocks i have started with the sashing between the blocks...why you might ask...mostly because i want to see how it will look so off i started...
so here it is measures 12.5 x 6.5 inches going to be sweet...i used karen kay buckley's perfect circles as templates and machine stitched the gathering thread around the circle about 1/4 inch from the edge with a long stitch, lose tension and hand quilting thread...  
next i made the back for my circles baby quilt so i can get ready to quilt when my new gammill "allure" comes in the next few weeks...oh the joy of 22 inches of throat space...and still be able to touch my fabric...which was why i choose to have a sit down rather then a longarm...i want to touch my fabric....
i finished the may block for my Lucky Stars BOM...this quilt is going to be sweet when i get it finished...started thinking about what kind of sashing i should put between those blocks...but what the heck i have until december so no hurry man

8 comments:

Esther F. said...

Your projects look lovely!
Esther
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

SIMPLESEW said...

Gotta love it...Anything goes I am working on these today too....

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Looking really great, love your stars BOM

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh!!! I just love your star block

What Comes Next? said...

fabulous! I love all those projects, and such a neat piece of furniture you used with your star block is it a chaise or a chair?

Regina said...

What funky projects!

Cathy said...

Nice block!

wasntquiltinaday said...

whoa! check out your seams and fabric choices on that paper pieced block! i also love your circles - they are definitely on my short list!

loved stopping by to check out your projects!