Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

once in a blue lizard nearing the finish

it has been a long time in coming but "once in a blue lizard is almost finished...just the binding to put on...whoot whoot...
the lizards lying in the snow
the binding and a few crystals to go 




some of the detail of the quilting..







the fabric for the binding...going to use the sharon schamber method and use glue to put it on...works great...watch that video...makes for a great binding...the last year of doing FMQ has been so helpful in getting to this point...i love the design which is the twigs and stones in which the lizards of the world make their homes...looking forward to getting to work on my next quilt...







the start of my new quilt...horses stars crystals and a few months and it should be hanging on the wall...



12 comments:

Susan Being Snippy said...

you have such a unique style, I love to visit to see what is happening!

LynCC said...

Love the border you did on the lizards, and that new project sure looks intriguing! (But then, everything you do intrigues me) :D

Mary Ann said...

You make very unique and wonderful quilts. I'm looking forward to seeing the wall hanging...looks interesting:)

M-R Charbonneau said...

That binding is going to give the lizard quilt a great pop. Love the whimsy of the lizards too. I can't wait to see what you do with the trees -- they look cool!

Annerose said...

Hi friend
I love those lizards on the snow. Just plain awesome! Your work is getting more intricate and complex AND I love the design of the upcoming quilt too.
January is almost over...

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I simply love your work....love the lizards..and the last piece is so interesting.

elle said...

Makes me smile. Just lovely!

Regina said...

A wonderful quilt! You ought to enter it somewhere .....

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

The lizard quilt is fabulous!

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Lovely work! I can see why I love to follow you, you do alot of original work and its so refreshing! Looking forward to meeting you.
Carli

Jackie said...

Wow, talent galore!

rtquilter said...

Looking really great . Good for you. That has been a labour of love.