Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

FMQ challenge bonus tutorial

i love the puffiness trapunto brings to quilts and quilt design...it adds texture...often giving a quilt much more eye appeal...so i was glad to see this bonus tutorial by Diane Loomis...i have used trapunto in quilts but usually just using it in a way that i found worked for me...i have never tried a method by a quilt teacher...first i used the design given to us in the tutorial and then branched out on my own with my own design which is a lizard as i am into lizards...you will see it soon when i finish up my lizard quilt...
block with design by Diane Loomis

branching out on my own with the lizard...a work in progress

1 comment:

Quilting Babcia said...

Wow, look at that great lizard! Beautiful! Still have to complete this tutorial, but not able to sit at sewing machine right now so it will be next year sometime.