Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

FMQ challenge for november


i haven't been very active on this blog....today i was figuring out that i have been away from my home for 36 out of the last 62 days...i have been to Italy, Spain, Houston for quilt festival, to visit my daughter and now to the neighbouring province...not much time to quilt...it will be time to return to work soon...have managed to spend some time in my studio...





i measured and marked one practice piece with my wave ruler...didn't make much difference to the final design...one practice piece i only marked three parallel lines and then just sewed by eye...i like this piece better..i felt more relaxed doing this work...more just like winging it which seems to suit me better...


the two pieces...you can see the parallel line on the bottom piece on the right... i have been spending some time with my sketchbook due to being away from my sewing machine...i did do a bit of sketching in venice one day while sitting in a campo...one of the items i did a quick sketch of was the lamp posts...
the quick sketches i did while sitting in the campo

i
i then did some doodling in my sketchbook using the tile blocks of angela walters and using the little swirls of this months challenge by sarah vedeler done in a similar way as the lamp posts...this is what came out of my weird little brain...going to try this out as a filler design...the little swirls taken to another level...might be a little dense but going to give it a whirl


5 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Your swirls look just fine, now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with those intricate ones from your trip sketches. They should be spectacular, especially as a frame for a central design.

LynCC said...

Those lamp posts sure provided some terrific inspiration. And how "sad" to get to sketch them out in Venice. :D

Caroline Heinrichs said...

I haven't been awfully busy on my blog lately either. Way too busy, but still hoping we'll be able to get up to Smithers this spring time?
All the best,
Carli

barbara woods said...

and she is so pretty

Denise :) said...

I recognize the scroll from that lamppost -- it's the bellflower! LOL! I used to work in an ornamental iron shop ... it's translated into my quilting on more than one occasion ... and vice versa! Great job! :)