Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

blogger's quilt festival

it is once again time for the blogger's quilt festival...i love that i get to see all those quilts that we keep hidden away in closets and guest bedrooms...drag them out and shake the dust off them...show them off...
 sky horses
the design for this quilt came into my head years ago...it has taken a long route to actually arriving...as most of my artwork the design arrived almost whole...i have done several different versions on paper...there are two versions in fabric and another one coming...
 one of my favorite blocks
 the muse
 blowing in the breeze
 hanging out in his show halter and the quilt...have been thinking about making him a winter blanket like this...what do you think?
 "hooked my fortune" aka "hook" seems impressed with his quilt...
 
 thx to AmysCreativeSide for sponsoring this show and all the work that goes along with it....

finished size 84 by 96
original design, raw edge applique, paper pieced flying geese, 
quilted on DMS by myself
best categories
1)Favorite Applique Quilt
2) Favorite Bed Quilt  
3) Favorite Home Machine Quilted Quilt  

19 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

I absolutely loved this quilt the first time I saw it in a previous post right after its completion. So glad you chose this one to enter!

Danielle Hudson said...

I think if Hook could give you a thmbs up, he would! It's a beautiful quilt! Love your interpretation of a horse!

mb. said...

so gorgeous!

Linda said...

Top of my favourite quilts list! Love love love it!

Vicki W said...

What a lovely and unique quilt.It has a mystical feel to it.

Patti said...

Sigh! I am completely in love with this, as is the horse I see! Amazing entry into the festival!

Marci Girl said...

Wow, this quilt is so impressive, great job!

Amy Friend said...

Oh my, I love the pictures of it on the horse!!

straythreads said...

wonderful and what a spoiled horse Ha
Ann

PaintedThread said...

So very cool!

MooseStash Quilting said...

Now that's just spectacular. Hook is one lucky guy!! The bright colors and design, is so fun to see!

Esther said...

This quilt is beautiful, so unique and artistic. I love the look of the horses manes, kinda feathery. Your horse looks stunning covered in your colorful quilt. I have some dogs that are as loved as your horse is. It is all very special.

CitricSugar said...

Your applique is amazing! Gorgeous quilt.

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh this is lovely - such a great design. Thanks for sharing. #263

Heidi Grohs said...

WOW! I love this quilt. I think Hook says "please make me one!!"

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

So so beautiful!
Carol

Emma said...

What a gorgeous quilt! And I love that you photographed it on your horse!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful quilt, and what a great set up for pictures!

quiltmom said...

I remember seeing your stunning quilt- it is brilliant! I love your detail and color choices- it reminds me of Laurel Burch designs.
Thanks for sharing and joining in the bloga thon.
Regards from Edmonton,
Anna