Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

once in a blue lizard

my lizard quilt is now underway...plan to put those lizards on a light solid background...let them crawl over the quilt surface...my lizards came from the work years ago in my sketchbook...first it was frogs...an aerial view as they floated on the surface of the ponds...slowly i added tails and they became lizards...i do like those lovely little geckos on the walls in the tropics...bright colours and shiny skins...big eyes which watch from the ceiling...
let the crawling begin...here they go ....

the blue lizard...
yellow lizard...

large orange lizard

small orange lizard

we are heading off on holidays on saturday so quilting will be on hold...fabric shopping will not be...going to arizona...any hints on the best of the best for fabric shops...




5 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely lizards! Very cool.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Now this makes me laugh!! I just love them...

LynCC said...

They're great!~ I just love gecko knobby fingers. :)

Mary Ann said...

They are wonderful. I like that each of them has a unique look. Have a great vacation and lots of fabric shopping fun.

Katie B. said...

I love the lizards! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!