Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

farm horses are getting quilted

well the farm horses quilt is not taking me as long as the sky horses quilt...for starters the bodies were not as fiddly as sky horse bodies... i do like both of the body types...they are sort of like people...some all round and some blocky...going to get the skinny athletic ones started...right after i get the lizards going...next work in progress...

blocked on the wall and ready for sandwiching....yea

laying on the floor...sandwiched and ready to quilt...

the back made from fat quarters...i love those blues and teals

 i am using those skills  i developed doing the free motion quilting challenge...getting better every time i sit at the machine..

 i am so glad i bought this pfaff hobby 1200 machine...extra throat space makes moving that quilt about under the needle so much easier...it only straight stitches...i was lucky and got it second hand...that makes it even better

 under the needle head...i have marked the pattern out at one inch intervals...this pattern of quilting is making the horses stand out...love that...ok now back to the machine

11 comments:

RobinLovesQuilting said...

That is a stunning quilt! I love sky horses too, and I envy your Pfaaf and its throat space.

Jerimi said...

Holy cow - what gorgeous work!

Kati said...

Wow, that is amazing! I love how you did the back too--such a simple pattern, but what a great idea to use up some fat quarters. That quilting is intense, but it makes me want to try it! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

Cathy Tomm said...

I love your farm horses and sky horse quilts. So nice to see that you have designed this yourself. I love then both.

Quilter said...

I love your horses. Especially the beautiful tails.

What Comes Next? said...

beautiful! and would you look at that perfect quilting??? Gorgeous!

Caroline Heinrichs said...

This is a real beauty! so glad you shared this vision with us! I love your stuff, we must make a plan to meet sometime soon?
Carli

Mary Ann said...

Wow....I absolutely love this quilt. It's so beautiful and unique. Love the fabrics you have used:)

LynCC said...

Soooo cool!! I really don't know which horses I like better - they're both 100% awesome! :D

Susan Being Snippy said...

This is a gorgeous series! You could do a pattern and sell them!
I love both the sky and farm, I wonder what a rcmp horse would look like?

Grandma Coco said...

I love your horses! They're so elegant!