Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

the boreal forest in july

last evening on my drive home from work i realized that i do not have balance in my life...i either am quilting or not...either running half marathons or not running at all...either eating everything i can get my hands on or on a diet...either drinking three coke zeros a day or not drinking any...that is not balance...so today i forced myself away from the sewing room and outside...i need to have some exercise...i was overwhelmed to discover that while i was in the sewing room summer had come on full bore...the grasses are blooming...flowers blooming...frogs swimming in the puddles...inspiration was everywhere...wow...wow...wow
boy i was glad i had taken my camera with a macro lens on it...


ah the ox eye daisies






































full on summer flowers...daisies, clover...pea vine...a riot of green vegetation...















 yellow hawk weed...baby's breath

pigeon berry flowers...plantains..so much all in such a short time...looking forward to my walk tomorrow...more interesting things to see in the forest..

3 comments:

rtquilter said...

Very very nice work! I do a lot of macro photography for my quilts too.,so many people fail to look really closely at anything! Just think of what they are missing! Lovely quilts too. I am most impressed!

LynCC said...

Pretty :) I'm going nuts, wanting to take some nice woodsy walks, but waiting for a banged-up knee to re-stabilize. Thanks for sharing!

What Comes Next? said...

I know that all or nothing attitude - you could have been describing me (replace the cokes with coffee!) Wonderful shots you've taken - as you say, summer has arrived and inspiration surrounds us! Enjoy your weekend, and shoot for more balance!