Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

free motion quilting challenge june 2012

i have been doing lots of free motion quilting this month as i have been working on one of my horse quilts...the quilting is done and now all that is left is to finish the hand sewing of the binding...looking forward to getting the quilt finished and seeing it on my guest bed...i have also been doing lots of doodling...often at work in my spare moments...



doodle from work



have really been enjoying 
working on these doodles...relaxing work for sure...just hum and doodle

finally when i finished the quilting of my quilt i had time to sit at my machine and doodle with fabric and thread...hum to myself and doodle...when i first started quilting i would sing to myself...strange...i sang "oh holy night"...sometimes i still sing as i quilt...relaxing and distracting.... 

l
my june piece...but why did i pick these colours...a moment of insanity
a different view of the work

 yep my colour choice was definitely a moment of insanity


a smaller piece i did to become part of the quilt i am making with my practice squares...

doodle on...


10 comments:

Quilter said...

I love your doodles. Am getting so many ideas from everyone

Tina said...

You are doing great. I love doing the drawings. Your colors look greatfor the fabric doodle.

What Comes Next? said...

great doodles Sherry!

Caroline Heinrichs said...

This is very nice Sherry! I like your adventures in thread!
Carli

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

great quilting

Sue Daurio said...

Love the doodles, I did the same thing and your finished product is wonderful.

quilter99755 said...

fun doodles and quilting, but yes to insanity on the choice of fabric and thread. It almost hurt to look for the details! LOL

Diane Wild said...

Doodling is what it's all about and it all looks great. Isn't this fun?

Joanie's Quilts said...

Doodles really help when we begin to actually stitch them! All are wonderful!

Cynthia Stockdon said...

Looks great!