Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

bloggers quilt festival time

BQF-Spring-2012-Button.gif


it is time for the bloggers quilt festival...whoot....whoot...this is the first one i have been part of...i have been to international quilt festival in houston, texas twice...going again this year...i love that i can immerse myself in quilts and all things quilt related...this time the boys are staying home...even better..
i have decided to enter a quilt i made for my daughter when she got married... i love this quilt so much it still lives at my house.. although i will be letting her have it soon...



the quilt is double bed size... cotton fabrics with cotton batting...i quilted it myself on my pfaff 2048...lots of work but worth it


some of the detail



 more detail of one of the sunflowers...every spring in the boreal forest small yellow sunflowers raise their heads to the sun from the forest floor... as a family we have spend many hours in the woods... i wanted my daughter to have a memory of those hours we spend together


how can you tell this is one of my favourite blocks in this quilt.. 

15 comments:

sewfrench.com said...

Just beautiful!

sewfrench.com said...

Just fabulous!

Quilting Babcia said...

Gorgeous! Beautifully quilted.

CitricSugar said...

Just lovely. Beautiful details in the quilting.

What Comes Next? said...

I love this quilt - all the detail, the colours the quilting, and the story and memories it will evoke. Just wonderful!

Connie said...

What a beautiful quilt and love all the quilting you did on it. I can see why it hasn't left your house :)

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful quilt, truly a labor of love and memories.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Jenn said...

Your quilting is beautiful! Someday I will reach your level :) I especially love the thread color(s) you chose to quilt it with!

Kwiltz by Stephanie said...

You can feel the love in this quilt. Wonderful colors and wonderful quilting! Thanks for sharing!!

tusen said...

I love the shape of the flowers, and the quilting is great.

straythreads said...

most of my favorite flowers are yellow fantastic quiltling
Ann

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful quilting!

Irene B said...

wow- that is a very impressive quilt- way more detail than i will ever do so I applaude your artistic abailities!

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

Oh wow that is Beautiful! : )

Anna Maria said...

Beautiful sunflower!!!!!!! :)