Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

whoot, whoot it is quilt retreat time





i'm off to the quilt retreat for the weekend...looking forward to spending hours of laughter and sewing with my friends...my only regret is that i have to work today before i can head out...some peeps left yesterday...i couldn't get the day off...ok boo hoo for me... get over it...now that spring is here the drive will be nice...the grass is just coming green along the south facing hillsides along the lake...favourite feeding grounds for the bears who have just woke up and left their winter dens...two years ago while out for my run midday i was charged by a mother bear with twins feeding on a hillside...that ended my running career in that area...have been wanting to do a quilt about bears ever since...maybe i will see some bears on the drive and get inspired...hoping my roll of wool batting will arrive today or tomorrow so i can start free motion quilting the sky horse quilt top...use some of that practice that i have been doing on free motion quilting......going to work on a new horse quilt while at this retreat...looking forward to getting it started... drew sketches of it last year...now it is time to take it from concept to quilt 




the idea from my sketchbook



the pattern drawn out on graft paper with the measurements for each block and overall sizes...need to invest in EQ i'm sure it would make this process earlier and shorter



the fabric for the horses...background will be cream...the heads, tails and legs will be blacks and greys
going to be a great weekend surrounded with those beautiful pinks and oranges....and my friends....whoot whoot

2 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

love the look of your latest horses quilt - you are so creative! Hope you had a great time at retreat.

What Comes Next? said...

I've so enjoyed finding you that I want to share your blog with others. I hope you don't mind, I would like to award you the Liebster Blog Award. The Liebster Blog award is presented to blogs that the presenter believes should be recognized. It is given to "small blogs" - those with fewer than 200 followers. Check out my blog for more details. Congratulations! :)